Thursday, April 19, 2012

photo study


finally on time!
This was very interesting to do because I realized that the one way I could unsymbolize shapes in my head is to think of the shapes as particle effects, like waves, clouds, and other abstract shapes that I can cling to. Another thing that helps to realize shapes is the rule that nothing in perspective is really symmetrical, and that all shapes are imbalanced and imperfect--they don't ever really twin, but rather distort in depth.

Also, Ron looks just like my old sensei. 

3 comments:

  1. I lit'relly recognized him instantly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo! Yeah man, I want to do more of these. They really help out with learning certain things, like abstract shapes and how to apply natural lighting. And like, how to make bacon wrapped shrimp. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete